CACFO UK has been running a Summer Programme for over a decade for young people aged 10 to 16 years old at our Community Centre at 40 Northwood Road, Thornton Heath CR7 8HQ.
Our 2022 programme is back with a bang and runs from Tuesday 26 July to Friday 19 August, 10am-3pm each day. It is free for young people on Free School Meals, being part of the Holiday Activities and Food Programme campaigned for by Premier League footballer Marcus Rashford.
To register interest in a place in the Summer Programme, to start with, please complete the form embedded here and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org ; or leave a message for us using this link; or call Mrs Oliver – the programme leader – on 07952 318203.
When launching the 2022 Programme CACFO UK Chairman, Cllr. Callton Young, said ‘We use experienced teachers and staff for our summer activities and have a good track record of success. Our Programme helps local young people whatever their circumstances to stay fed, active and safe over the summer holidays.
Summer Programme activities will be weather dependant and vary from day to day but should include:
Sports and Fitness:
- ‘Get Football’ coaching from an FA approved coach
- ‘Get Boxing’ coaching for strength and fitness
- Mobility training to make young people stronger, faster and fitter
- Learning how the body works to enable young people to be better able to look after themselves and understand the connection between sport, team work and leadership
- Using production and recording equipment such as Logic Pro X
- Producing music to moving images using midi keyboards and thousands of loops.
- Setting up a mini music studio and record vocals to a well-known instrumental
- Creating a CD/MP3 and design a front cover
- Creative 3D art skills using clay and alternative materials
- Drawing skills (for beginners and the more experienced)
- Painting skills (for beginners and the more experienced)
- Sculpting skills (for beginners and the more experienced)
Healthy body and planet:
- Learning what is in the food we eat and how to create a healthy diet
- Making nutritious snacks and learning about how to adopt diet to be healthier
- Seeing how food is grown at allotments by local residents and growing runner beans to take home
- Learning about sustainability and how everyone can help to look after the planet
Entertainment and Trips:
- Day trips
- Film club to reinforce positive messages through movies
- on-site entertainment
Testimonials from our young people say it all:
‘Summer school is amazing and the staff were very helpful and kind. Its a place where you can go and have fun!’ Amani S
‘You get to do fun stuff, trips, drama and art!’ Keeyan T
One mother who moved her child to us from another club fed-back that ‘Elijah said he did not have a good day today … He had a GREAT day! I’m so pleased this club worked out for him!’
Check out our picture galleries below to get a flavour of what our young people get up to during day trips, when doing arts & crafts, enjoying the great outdoors, learning music and dance or being put through their academic paces.
Arts & Crafts
The Great Outdoors
Music & Dance
Academic & Practical Skills